2023 District 5 Interleague Coach Pitch Softball Rules
All D5 Mini Minors games will be played in compliance with the 2023 Little League Softball Rules and
Regulations, and will include the following:
- NO “LOCAL” LEAGUE RULES ALLOWED!
- THE HOME/HOST TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE TO PREPARE THE FIELD.
- TEAM MANAGERS SHOULD COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER 48 HOURS, IN ADVANCE, TO CONFIRM
GAME, TIME AND LOCATION; AND TO HELP AVOID/REDUCE CANCELLATIONS.
1. A continuous batting order will be used for both teams.
2. The new rule 6.02-(c) will be used. After entering the batter’s box, the batter must remain in the box
with at least one foot throughout the at bat unless there is a time out awarded or the swing or a play
takes them out of the box or the pitcher leaves the circle or the catcher leaves the catchers box. If the
batter leaves the box, the umpire will ask the coach to have his player return to the box.
3. The defense can play up to 10 players in the field.
4. There will be a maximum of 5 runs scored per half inning OR 3 outs, whichever happens first.
5. No batting tees and no walks.
6. The time limit for all games at this level is a maximum of no new inning after 1 hrs 15 mins and a 1 hr 30
mins drop dead time from scheduled start time.
7. Free substitution is permitted. Minimum play rule of 6 defensive outs applies.
8. The defense team is permitted 2 coaches on the field provided there is a coach in the dugout as well.
One in the outfield and one behind the catcher.
9. Adults (offensive team manager or coach) will pitch in the first half of the season by hand. A maximum
of six (6) pitches will be presented to the batter. The players will be taught to pitch during the season at
10.Beginning May 1, 2023 players may begin to pitch. When players are pitching, the batter will get four (4)
pitches, and then the offensive team manager or coach will pitch three (3) more pitches to the batter.
There will be no strikes called on swings against these first four (4) pitches when a player is pitching.
Strikes pitched by a player but not swung at, will be called as a strike. The purpose is to encourage the
players to hit the ball rather than wait for the coach to pitch to avoid being struck out.
11.Player pitchers will be restricted to two (2) innings per game and four (4) innings per week. If a player
pitches in more than one (1) inning, one calendar day of rest is mandatory. Delivery of a single pitch
constitutes pitching in one inning.
12.Player pitchers will pitch from the regulation pitching distance of 35 feet mound to plate.
13.Advancing on a passed ball is permitted except for home base. No runner may advance from third base
to home on a passed ball or wild pitch. Once a pitch passes the catcher or is caught by the catcher, the
runner on third base must remain on third unless a defensive play is being made against a runner or
14.There are no game results recorded to determine a winner/loser of scheduled games.
15.The Coaches Pitch Division will not have an end of season tournament.
Little League Rulebook App
The Rulebook app contains the Official Regulations, Playing Rules, and Operating Policies for all divisions of Baseball, Softball, and Challenger in one location. The app includes all three rulebooks, exclusive rule interpretation videos, automatic updates for future seasons and is approved for use in the dugout! Download the FREE Rulebook app on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.