2023 District 5 Interleague AAA Softball Rules
All D5 Minor Division games are played in compliance with the 2023 Little League Softball Rules and
Regulations, and will include the following:
- NO “LOCAL” LEAGUE RULES ALLOWED!
- THE HOME/HOST TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE TO PREPARE THE FIELD.
- TEAM MANAGERS SHOULD COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER 48 HOURS, IN ADVANCE, TO CONFIRM
GAME, TIME AND LOCATION; AND TO HELP AVOID/REDUCE CANCELLATIONS.
1. A continuous batting order will be used for both teams.
2. The new rule 6.02-(c) will be used. After entering the batter’s box, the batter must remain in the box
with at least one foot throughout the at bat unless there is a time out awarded or the swing or a play
takes them out of the box or the pitcher leaves the circle or the catcher leaves the catchers box. If the
batter leaves the box, the umpire will ask the coach to have his player return to the box.
3. Free substitution is permitted. Minimum play rule of 6 consecutive defensive outs and 1 at bat applies.
No courtesy runners are allowed.
4. There will be a maximum of 5 runs scored per half inning OR 3 outs, whichever happens first.
5. Home team will provide 2 new official Little League softballs to the plate umpire at the coach/umpire
conference held prior to the game.
6. The time limit for all games at this level is no new inning may begin after 1 hr 45 min from the scheduled
start time with a drop dead time of 2 hrs from the scheduled start time.
7. The host league will provide a minimum of a home plate umpire.
8. Teams must start and finish the game with 8 players. In the event a team has less than 8 players at the
scheduled game time or other, the umpires will forfeit the game and immediately leave the field of play.
The two teams may continue to play and use the allotted time as a scrimmage or practice, but no
umpires may be present on the field of play. Home team will report this forfeit to the District.
9. If the game is started or continued with 8 players rule 4.04 note three will be in affect and an “our” will
be recorded when the “9th” batting spot comes up to bat for the team with 8 players.
10. A rostered adult must be present in the dugout at all times when players are present.
11. The home team will provide the Official score keeper.
Little League Rulebook App updated for the 2023 season!
The Rulebook app contains the Official Regulations, Playing Rules, and Operating Policies for all divisions of Baseball, Softball, and Challenger in one location. The app includes all three rulebooks, exclusive rule interpretation videos, automatic updates for future seasons and is approved for use in the dugout! Download the FREE Rulebook app on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.