2023 D5 AAA Baseball Interleague Rules
All D5 Minor Division games are played in compliance with the 2023 Little League Baseball Rules and Regulations, and
will include the following:
- NO “LOCAL” LEAGUE RULES ALLOWED!
- THE HOME/HOST TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE TO PREPARE THE FIELD.
- TEAM MANAGERS SHOULD COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER 48 HOURS, IN ADVANCE, TO CONFIRM GAME, TIME AND
LOCATION; AND TO HELP AVOID/REDUCE CANCELLATIONS.
1. A Continuous batting order will be used for both teams.
2. Free substitution is permitted. Minimum play rules apply: 6 consecutive defensive outs and 1
at bat. No courtesy runners are allowed.
3. There will be a maximum of 5 runs scored per half inning OR 3 outs, whichever happens first.
4. Teams must use regulation Little League baseballs and provide 2 new baseballs prior to the
start of play, at the plate talk with the plate umpire.
5. All bats must meet regulations as outlined in rule 1.10 in the 2023 Little League Baseball Rules
and Regulations, and be approved by the game’s umpires.
6. Pitchers will pitch from the regulation distance, 46’ pitching plate – no exceptions.
7. The time limit for all games at this level is a maximum of 2 hrs, drop dead time from
8. Home plate umpire to be provided and scheduled by the Host League.
9. A rostered adult must be present in the dugout at all times when players are present.
10. Teams must start and finish the game with 8 players. In the event a team has less than 8
players at the scheduled game time or other, the umpires will forfeit the game and
immediately leave the field of play. The two teams may continue to play and use the allotted
time as a scrimmage or practice, but no umpires may be present on the field of play. Home
team will report this forfeit to the District.
11.If the game is started or continued with 8 players rule 4.04 note three will be in affect and an
“out” will be recorded when the “9th” batting spot comes up to bat for the team with 8
12. Each team is responsible for maintaining their own pitch counts which should be
communicated between the teams and plate umpire regularly throughout the game.
13. Stealing is allowed in this division
14. Official score keeper to be provided by the Home team.
Little League Rulebook App updated for the 2023 season!
The Rulebook app contains the Official Regulations, Playing Rules, and Operating Policies for all divisions of Baseball, Softball, and Challenger in one location. The app includes all three rulebooks, exclusive rule interpretation videos, automatic updates for future seasons and is approved for use in the dugout! Download the FREE Rulebook app on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.