Thornydale Little League Tee Ball Baseball Rules
. A Continuous batting order will be used for both teams.
2. The defense can play up to 10 players in the field.
3. Teams must use “soft” or “flex” balls. They must provide 1 new ball at the start of play.
4. All bats must meet regulations as outlined in rule 1.10 in the 2022 Little League Baseball Rules and Regulations.
5. There will be a maximum of 5 runs scored per half inning OR 3 outs, whichever happens first.
6. Coaches may be present on the field to instruct, when their team is on defense.
7. The time limit for all games at this level is a maximum of 1 hour drop dead time.
8. Free substitution is permitted. Minimum play rules apply: 6 defensive outs and 1 at bat.
9. Games starting in May, the coach may pitch to the child. After 3 pitches the batting tee shall be used for the child
10. NO FORFEITS
11. There is no “must slide rule.” The rule is, “slide, or attempt to get around.” The key in this situation is, “the fielder has the ball and is waiting to make a tag.” If the fielder (any fielder, not just the catcher) does not have the ball, and there is a collision, you CANNOT call the runner out. However, if the umpire determines that the runner deliberately attempted to injure the fielder, the umpire could eject the runner for unsportsmanlike conduct. 7.08(a)(3)
Little League Rulebook App updated for the 2023 season!
The Rulebook app contains the Official Regulations, Playing Rules, and Operating Policies for all divisions of Baseball, Softball, and Challenger in one location. The app includes all three rulebooks, exclusive rule interpretation videos, automatic updates for future seasons and is approved for use in the dugout! Download the FREE Rulebook app on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
*Important Note for Android Users: The Google Play Store has yet to release the Rulebook app as a free download. Please continue to check back for further updates.